Follow these steps to ensure that your sunglass lenses last a long, scratch-free existence:
- Always clean your sunglasses by using a cleaner specifically developed for eyewear lenses, with a microfiber lens cleaning cloth or sunglass bag.
- DO NOT clean your glasses with t-shirts, paper towels or facial hair .
- Avoid using household detergents, soaps or glass cleaners, which are highly corrosive and can damage your lenses quickly.
- Sunscreens and other lotions can also damage the paint and coating on the frame.
- Additionally, avoid submerging frames under water since certain frames and coatings will corrode over time.
- DO NOT place your sunglasses on the dashboard of your car. The extreme heat can distort the shape of your sunglasses.
- When not wearing your glasses, never rest them face down on their lenses.
- Always keep them in their protective microfiber case or hard case.
Over time, hinges may become loose and the temple arms will swing into the lens or wiggle slightly. To tighten a loose hinge, tighten the screw at the top of the hinge with a precision flathead screwdriver. Do not over-tighten the hinge, often an 1/8 of a turn is enough.